Friday, July 10, 2009

Yes, I was (f)unemployed for week ending 7/11/09

Apologies to loyal readers for the delay between posts. I have just learned the word for my distraction: funemployment. This video explains it succinctly.  "She decided she would be funemployed and started a blog." 

That's me! Am I a cliche or are we starting a revolution?

I've been spending my funemployment in sunny Los Angeles. I save cash by using my no longer valid but still legit-looking student ID to gain free and reduced entry to art exhibits, eating from taco trucks and earning my keep by doing my friend's dishes so he doesn't grow tired of my lurking presence on his futon.  This will go on as long as possible.

The labor of my ilk is clearly dispensable. Falling off the radar a bit = no harm done to our already screwed economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment