Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday's child is fair of face, and not at work

One might suppose being jobless would afford me time to update my blog on joblessness daily, but unemployment is itself a time consuming circumstance. Suddenly, saddled with carpe diem expectations from my working peers, I find myself all over town viewing collections of curated visual art.

Also I'm learning how to hustle for free shit. The fruits of this endeavor to date and how I went about it:

- two gin and tonics (bartender disappeared for ever, and thusly so did I with my beverages)
- bagel sandwich, espresso (for bagel and caffeine, was nice to barista, for lox, slept with barista)
-Coffee (did you know that the Portrait Gallery has complimentary coffee on the third floor? Not hustling per se, but worth noting)
- enchilada and margaritas (For the food, I took slow periodic bites off my friend's plate such that he did not notice the extent of my helping myself. For the beverage, I just smiled.)
-Vicodin (This narcotic was not free but almost with the copay. Am squeezing the last drops of my comprehensive health and dental to get my wisdom teeth removed this week.)

The lesson here is to stay on your toes, and keep yourself kind and cute and the world is your oyster. Now I'm off for a jog (free workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment