Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The only lifesaver I desire right now is round and made of cornstarch

I open my inbox to discover that yikes, the world would like to express their pity for me by forwarding me job postings and networking listservs. The word "networking" makes me feel sick inside.

Fucking around and be a boho hobo takes all day, and allots me almost no time for reading the depressing descrips for these positions but I feel guilty for not even looking the ads over. So I do.

My mother assured me today that if I need "help" she's there for me. Help = money obviously. The offer sounds tempting but it throws cold water over my romantic hardship scenario. I wish she would let me slide into poverty in peace and with grace. Hasn't she heard there's a recession? Even the trustafarians are an endangered species the New York Times reports.

"I know it may not be very fun for your blogging thing, us helping you, but if you need it, it's there."

grrrrr...to be mocked, by my endearingly nerdy Mom sure makes me feel nerdy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment